It’s difficult to think that today, 771 million people do not have access to safe drinking water, and 1.7 billion do not have access to a toilet – almost one-fifth of the world’s population. Every two minutes, a kid under the age of five dies from diarrheal illnesses caused by a lack of clean water and sanitation.
WaterAid is searching for a Country Director for its Ghana Country Program to help us achieve our goal of making clean water, decent toilets, and excellent hygiene the norm for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
The primary responsibility of the Country Director (CD) is to lead the Country Programme (CP) and to contribute to WaterAid’s regional and global leadership. The CD does this through directing the Senior Management Team and the Country Programme, as well as empowering and developing workers and partners. In addition to persuading public and commercial organisations on the impact that improvements in clean water, sanitation, and hygiene may have on the poorest and most marginalised people, therefore contributing to overall poverty reduction and human development.
- Four to ten years of experience
- The ideal educational background (Master’s or bachelor’s degree) is in computer science, industrial engineering, or business/management information systems certification such as PMP, ITIL, Scrum, or Prince2.
- Extensive expertise leading medium to large software implementation projects in Supply Chain is required.
- JIRA experience is preferred.
- Expertise and representation
- Attitude that is upbeat and proactive
- Excellent communication abilities Excellent general information technology abilities Excellent organisational and time management abilities
- In an international setting, you must be a team player who can collaborate with people from various backgrounds, such as country, culture, and education.
- Free Visa Opportunities
- Free Medical
Click the button below to Apply Online