Tanzania HIV Impact Survey (THIS) is a nationwide population-level HIV impact assessment (PHIA) funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) with technical assistance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and ICAP at Columbia University. The Government of Tanzania (GoT) is leading this effort through the Tanzania Commission for AIDS (TACAIDS) and the Zanzibar AIDS Commission (ZAC), as well as the Ministries of Health (MoH) of Mainland and Zanzibar, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), the Office of Chief Government Statistician (OCGS), and the President’s Office Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG).
NBS, OCGS, and ICAP will carry out the survey in collaboration with local partners such as the National Institute of Medical Research (NIMR), the Zanzibar Institute of Health Research (ZAHRI), Public Health Laboratories, the National AIDS Control Programme (NACP), and the Zanzibar Integrated HIV, Hepatitis, Tuberculosis, and Leprosy Program (ZIHHTLP).
Dar es Salaam,Tanzania
- Required Technical Experience: Minimum 5 years’ work experience in public health research or surveys or programme evaluation, preferably on HIV/AIDS or sexual and reproductive health and at the national level • Required Managerial Experience: Minimum 3 years’ supervising a multidisciplinary team of at least 10 staff in similar survey settings
- A broad awareness of Tanzania’s terrains and landscapes, health facilities, and road network • Excellent writing and verbal communication skills with fluency in English and Kiswahili essential
- Strong computer abilities (MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint at a minimum; desirable expertise with statistical software such as SAS)
- Ability to provide high-quality technical assistance as well as lead and collaborate with a diverse team • Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong problem-solving skills • Ability to work under pressure, demonstrating creativity and adaptability in developing new ideas to solve problems
- The ability to work after normal working hours and on weekends, as well as travel outside of the duty station.
- Work schedule flexibility
- Team-building activities
- Volunteering Opportunities
- Every month, there are social activities such as workplace lunches (before pandemic-now it is mostly virtual)
- On-site exercise centre is free.
Click the button below to Apply Online